Tis the Season to Slay: 5 Trending Winter Hairstyles
I don’t know about you, but have a love/hate relationship with winter. The Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays bring so much joy, cheer and love. Not to mention, cozy fireplaces, heated blankets and warm hot chocolate while watching my favorite winter flicks is something I look forward to every year. But, the winter months can also be brutal on your hair. Static, dryness, and frizzing are just a few of my pet-peeves. In addition to that, a lack of moisture to your hair follicles can also lead to damaging breakage. But, Old Man Winter doesn’t have to get the best of you or your hair!
Here are 5 Trending Styles that you can wear during the winter months that will keep your hair looking its flyest and are fairly low-maintenance for you and your budget.
1. Bob Cuts: Bobs are a staple hairstyle that never goes out of style. Who doesn’t like a slayed bob cut? Bobs are versatile and the only limit is your personality and imagination. Long, short, straight, wavy, curly, asymmetrical, blunt cut or a natural taper, the possibilities are numerous! Bobs are also one of few all-purpose hairstyles. They can be dressed up or down, depending on your needs. However, I would recommend that you have your stylist go a longer for a few months to cover the back of your neck, at least until that winter bite subsides. In case you’re considering this trendy style for yourself, here are just a few trendy ways to rock a bob:
a. Blunt Cut Bob: The most classic style in the bob family, this cut is even all the way around. It can be short or a little longer to suit your personal style. You can also add a straight bang or side bang for a little flair or you can go full glam with layers and feathers.
b. Wavy or Curly Bob: The most low-maintenance of the bob family, wavy and curly bobs will make you the center of attention at all of the holiday gatherings. Opting for a textured style over the traditional straight look, adds style and pizzazz to any look. The best part is how easy they are to maintain. Simply wet, mousse and go for wet-n-wavy styles or add a little dab of hair spray and shine to body- curled styles. A satin hair bonnet at night is all you need for a hassle-free night's rest. The trick is to invest in quality hair extensions. Low-quality extensions and hair mixed with synthetic fibers tend to shed, tangle, frizz and matte. High-quality extensions and a trendy style will definitely make your Christmas a little merrier.
c. Asymmetrical Bob: The most popular bob style, asymmetrical cuts vary in length around the perimeter. They can be short on one side and long on the other. Or, your stylist can opt for short in the back and long on the sides. The choice is yours. Switch it up and step outside of the box if you’re tired of the same ole’ blah styles.
d. Feathered with a Bang Bob: The most detailed of bob cuts, feathered bobs with a swoop bang is definitely a fan favorite! Try light layers for a more sophisticated look or go choppy with lots of layer for a more edgy and chic style. You can’t go wrong either way.
Just like any other hair style, bobs can be done with leave-out or as a protective style with none of your real left hair out. If you are unsure what’s right for you, search online for a few visual examples. You can also head on over to our gallery for a little inspiration. Go all out for the New Year by shocking family and friends with a new You! Stay selfie ready this winter with a trendy bob. It will definitely get you on Santa’s “Nice” list.
2. Curly Hair: Curly hair styles are not only fun, but they are also funky! Back in the day, curly hair was considered “different” or “unique”. But, times have changed and curly hair is a fashion trendsetter. Accomplish a variety of styles with this low-maintenance texture. You can cater to your natural curl pattern with a tight curl, loose curl or deep wave. Each will provide you with a slightly different look inspired by YOU.
3. Straight Styles: While wavy and curly styles are flooding our social media timelines, I’d like to go on record and say that, straight hair matters too! Go long and sleek or short and sassy. The great thing about straight hair is its versatility. Not only can it be worn in its natural straightened state, but you can also experiment with body curls, wand curls, braids, ponytails and more. For a protective style, ask your stylist about a lace closure install. I cannot stress this enough: Quality hair makes a HUGE difference. For a stress-free straight hairstyle that flows, is low-maintenance and is free of tangles and kinks, do your research for a trusted, hair supplier that will ensure you get the best bang for your buck.
4. Wigs: Custom wigs (or what hair-care professionals refer to as “units”), are GREAT to wear during the winter months! Talk about convenience! These protective styles require little to no maintenance. Opting for a unit or an extension install can easily cut your salon visits in half. They offer endless styling and versatility and are made to fit any budget. Depending on the length, color, texture and details, a custom unit can range anywhere from a few hundred dollars to several thousand dollars. However, they are a great way experience with different colors, lengths and textures without having to alter the state of your natural hair. Wig units can be attached in a variety a ways depending on your lifestyle. If you’re going to end up on Santa’s “Naughty” List, do so in style with a custom unit.
5. Natural Hairstyles: While extensions are amazing, for so many different reasons, I understand that they are not for everyone. What better way to bring in the New Year, by being the natural you. Twists, buns, bantu knots, locks, curls, coils and so much more, there is nothing wrong with just doing you! However, if you are one of my Fabulous Naturalistas, be sure to do your research for the best products for your hair texture. The harsh winter cold can be extremely damaging to natural hair. Moisturize. Moisturize. Moisturize. Oh, and did I say, moisturize? Caring for your luscious locks now will ensure that your hair is at it’s best when the weather breaks. But, a great way to give your natural hair a break is to consider a protective style using extensions that match your original hair texture. Curly, wavy and kinky curly are just a few textures to try.
Look around! I guarantee you will notice these 5 Trending Styles this winter! Try one or try them all. But, before you go out and spend a fortune on poor-quality extensions, head over to Her Best Virgin Hair Extensions for premium-quality extensions to take advantage of our Premium Hair Bundle Deals. Slay your way through the winter with fabulous hair!